Women's Trekking for Wellbeing
Join us for this unique three-day trek with two overnight wild-camps in the heart of the Cairngorms, exclusively for women. Facilitated by life coach Shona Macpherson and guided by Trek Scotland.
This 3 Day Trek is for women who want to experience the psychological and physical wellbeing that the remote beauty and wildness that the Highland mountains and valleys bring. The sheer act of living, walking through and sleeping in the hills for 3 days and 2 nights, unplugged from every day distractions is life changing.
Letting go of ‘stuff’, responsibilities and distractions for 3 days gives your mind and your heart space. It’s a chance to slow down and let nature speak to you.
You will be fully supported and guided through this experience by Shona from Shona Macpherson Coaching and by either Simon or Myrddin, mountain trekking guides from Trek Scotland. Shona is passionate about helping people remember their nature connect.
So many laughs and amazing memories
“I’ve left with a renewed sense of myself, what is important to me, and how I can be my true self in my current life, each day, in manageable ways.
I was feeling at a low point in my life and I was attracted by the fact that this was a women’s trek. I learned so much through chatting and sharing experiences and spending time in this environment. I really related to the life coaching models we looked and I found the sit spot exercise powerful and I have been doing this since the trek. The mindfulness work was awesome too! So many laughs and amazing memories” ~ Jane Weir
Shona will offer the following:
- Nature connection and mindfulness input (influenced by the work of Nan Shepherd).
- An opportunity to chat one to one if there is an issue you wish to explore during the trek.
- A private Facebook group to help you to prepare to get the most of the experience starting 2 weeks before the trip.
Trek Scotland will offer the following:
- Lightweight trekking equipment of the highest quality. You only need to bring your personal walking gear. We provide everything else from a cosy down sleeping bag right to your toothbrush and toothpaste
- All your nutritional needs – breakfast, lunch and evening meal for three days as well as copious snacks and hot drinks
- Highly experienced and qualified guiding, enabling you to get safely and with confidence to some of Scotland’s most stunning, isolated and rarely visited mountain locations
- Encyclopedic knowledge of the Cairngorms, including expertise relating to the history, geology, flora and fauna of the Cairngorm mountains
- A passion for using the outdoors for Green Therapy and being part of the mountain environments – we love the work of Nan Shepherd!
- Empathy, sensitivity, patience and understanding, especially for people new to the mountains and Multi Day Trekking
- Selecting routes and locations that suit all the group and offer enough challenge and diverse experiences without being over strenuous or demanding
- A good sense of humour and plenty of blether!
Enquire and Book
Please complete the form below to enquire about booking a place on this trek. We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible.