Booking & Cancellations
- All bookings must be confirmed in writing – post or email
- For Multi-Day treks a £100 deposit is required to secure your trek
- For Single Day Treks, Night Walks and Bivy Treks, the full amount is payable to secure your trek
- The balance is to be paid at least 28 days prior to the start of your trek. We will send a reminder around a month prior to the trek.
- Any bookings made within 28 days of the start of the trek must be paid in full at time of booking.
- We accept payment by Bank Transfer. Cash can be paid by arrangement in certain circumstances.
- Medical fitness forms are to be completed by all participants.
We highly recommend that all trekkers take out their own insurance to cover the following:
- The cost of cancellation by you (including the full cost of your trek and any transport or accommodation you may have booked).
- Incurred costs in the event of us having to cancel your trek (including any transport or accommodation you may have booked).
- The cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness.
- Loss of personal items and money.
- Cancellations must be made in writing. This includes email.
- All deposits are non refundable except if Trek Scotland has to cancel your trek. In this case all of your deposit will be refunded.
- If you cancel more than 28 days before your trek takes place, your payment will be refunded minus a 20% booking deposit. Please be aware that if you cancel within the 28 days before the trek NO refunds are available. However, if you find someone to fill your place we will return your payment.
- In the event of Trek Scotland having to cancel a Mountain Trek, we will offer three options: You can choose to be reimbursed in full, including your deposit; You can choose to postpone to a similar Trek but on a different date; You can choose to be reimbursed in Vouchers to use against any of our future Treks subject to availability.
- For our fixed-date group treks we may cancel if fewer than 3 people book on. In this particular instance, you will get a full refund or can transfer your monies to any future Treks with us. We will always to endevour to run a trek if possible, however.
- Trek Scotland reserves the right to curtail a Trek in the case of antisocial, criminal, dangerous, unsafe or irresponsible behaviour by one or more clients. Where clients are not known to each other, the unruly client[s] will be asked to leave the Trek. If this involves being escorted back to safety by an additional guide they will be billed for this at full guiding rate.