Fisherfield Expedition

An epic 3 Day Expedition in the Great Wilderness of the Letterewe Estate and Fisherfield Forest area. One for Munroists and those wanting to challenge themselves in bagging some of Scotland’s most remote Munros.

27 – 29 July, 2024
20 – 22 September, 2024

Personal walking gear including waterproofs and boots. We will provide all food and trekking gear. Please see our Equipment page for more details.

The start and end of the Expedition will be in the Dundonnell area.

Grade 7

Pricing and Booking
£365 per person.

This price includes all trekking equipment and nutrition. A £100 deposit is required to secure your place. The full amount is payable 28 days before the date of the trek. Please take the time to read our cancellation policy.

Group Size
Limited to 5 people

The route will focus on accessing the Munro summits of the Fisherfield 5, with the option to also summit other hills in the area if time and weather allows. The Fisherfield 5 are as follows:

  • Sgurr Ban [White Peak] 989m
  • Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair [The Summit of Farquar’s Son’s Corrie] 1019m
  • Beinn Tarsuinn [Transverse Hill] 937m
  • A’Mhaighdean [The Maiden] 967m
  • Ruadh Stac Mor [Big Red Stack] 918m

The route does not include An Teallach to the North or the demoted Munro of Beinna’ Chaidheimh, which has been re measured to be under 3000 feet, but these might be an option depending in how the group progresses and the final route decided.

Days will be demanding, with distances travelled varying from 10 kms to 15 kms per day. Total distance over the 3 Days will be around 45 kms including around 2600 metres of ascent. Obviously a very good level of mountain fitness and stamina will be required for those intending to participate. The Expedition will take in a variety of environments ranging from easy paths to trackless mountain terrain, including boulder fields, mild scrambling and river crossings. Wild camps will be in very isolated and remote mountain locations. 

We will have back up plans for inclement weather and impassable river crossings. However, please be aware that if conditions are really poor we will cancel. In the event of this you will get a full refund. Where possible we will also look to reschedule and give you first choice in signing up to any new dates.

Enquire and Book

Please note: This is a booking request form and doesn’t guarantee your place(s) until we get back to you with confirmation. At this point you will be also sent an invoice for payment via Bank Transfer which then secures your place(s). We update the places available manually and always aim to do this as soon as we can to avoid disappointment.

Click for options.
Please include details of how many places and the names of those who will be joining you.